Pasta with Romesco Sauce
Amongst fast easy vegan recipes, this recipe is one of the best. Free vegan recipes rarely taste this good. Add this recipe to your vegan diet foods list of great easy vegan recipes.
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, 7 ounce
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 ounce hazelnuts or almonds, shelled
- 3 tablespoons brown vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 1/2 ounces dried whole wheat spaghetti
- Preheat the grill. Put the pepper under it and cook, turning to do all sides, until the skin is blackened. Put in a bowl and cover tightly. Leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, cut the tomatoes into 8 pieces each, removing the nasty green bit. Place in a small roasting tin.
- Peel the garlic, cut in half and add to the tin. Roast at 400 degrees F for 20-25 minutes until tender and slightly charred. Add the nuts (on a baking tray) to the oven for the last 5 minutes to toast.
- Put the tomatoes, garlic and nuts into a food processor. While the roasting tin is still hot, add the stock and scrape up the browned bits of tomato. Add these juices to the food processor.
- Peel and deseed the peppers, reserving all juices. Chop the peppers and add with their juices to the food processor. Add the vinegar and process until smooth.
- Season to taste and serve with the cooked spaghetti and a green vegetable or large green salad.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
More from "Vegan"
Enjoy a cruelty-free lifestyle with our great vegan food. Our vegan recipes, from vegan cupcakes and vegan cookies to vegan burgers and vegan pizza, you help you stay on a vegan diet. Vegan cooking is a snap with our vegan recipes.