Buffalo Wing Dings
For a surprising twist on traditional chicken wings, please your vegetarian and vegan friends with these meatless buffalo wing-dings. They will thank you, and they won't be the only ones who eat these tasty "wings!"
Cooking Time15 min
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 2 pounds seitan, cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons vegan ketchup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (or tamari)
- 2 teaspoons vegan sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- In a 12" skillet over medium high heat, brown seitan on all sides.
- Add ketchup, soy, sugar, ginger, crushed red pepper and 3/4 cup water.
- Heat to boiling. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- In a cup stir cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water.
- Gradually stir cornstarch mixture into simmering liquid in skillet.
- Cook until mixture thickens slightly and boils.
- Cover seitan with mixture and serve. Serves 6-8
Read NextHealthy Vegan Granola