Dark Chocolate Cherry Cordial Brownies
If you love to indulge with a box of cherry cordials around Valentine's Day, then this homemade brownie recipe is for you! Dark chocolate pairs beautiful with this delicious maraschino cherry buttercream frosting that gets crowned with an extra drizzle of dark chocolate. Make Dark Chocolate Cherry Cordial Brownies this Valentine's Day for your sweetheart.
- For the Brownies:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup dark cocoa
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- For the Frosting:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 10 ounces jar of maraschino cherries, drained, juice reserved
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon to 2 teasponns of maraschino cherry juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8x11 inch pan.
- Drain the cherries and coarsely chop them. Spread them out on a paper towel to dry slightly.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, dark cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder.
- Melt the butter and pour into a large bowl. Whisk in the dark chocolate chips until melted.
- Whisk in the sugar and then the eggs.
- Stir in the dry ingredients.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool completely.
- For the buttercream, beat the butter together with the powdered sugar and extracts. Add the milk and maraschino cherry juice until it reaches a desired consistency. Fold in the chopped cherries.
- Frost the cooled brownies. Chill for 30 minutes and then cut into squares.
- Melt the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips and stir in the oil. Drizzle over the frosted cut brownies.
Read NextValentine's Day Sugar Cookie Bars
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
sharrell1075 45229 70
Dec 07, 2016
Every Christmas since I was a kid I would get a box of chocolate cover cherries. This looks like a great recipe to make to substitute the box of chocolate covered cherries. I will make these at Christmas as a new tradition. My family will love it. How many does it make?
Feb 15, 2012
since yesterday UI cannot print any recipes(why?)
Feb 16, 2012
Hi, akweiland 3332624. We're sorry to hear you are having trouble printing. The recipe printed fine on our end. Please be sure that you have the most recent version of Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, or Safari, as we do not support outdated Internet browsing software. Thank you, and we apologize for any inconvenience. --Editors of RecipeLion
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use