Dark Chocolate Cherry Cordial Brownies
If you love to indulge with a box of cherry cordials around Valentine's Day, then this homemade brownie recipe is for you! Dark chocolate pairs beautiful with this delicious maraschino cherry buttercream frosting that gets crowned with an extra drizzle of dark chocolate. Make Dark Chocolate Cherry Cordial Brownies this Valentine's Day for your sweetheart.
- For the Brownies:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup dark cocoa
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- For the Frosting:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 10 ounces jar of maraschino cherries, drained, juice reserved
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon to 2 teasponns of maraschino cherry juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8x11 inch pan.
- Drain the cherries and coarsely chop them. Spread them out on a paper towel to dry slightly.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, dark cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder.
- Melt the butter and pour into a large bowl. Whisk in the dark chocolate chips until melted.
- Whisk in the sugar and then the eggs.
- Stir in the dry ingredients.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool completely.
- For the buttercream, beat the butter together with the powdered sugar and extracts. Add the milk and maraschino cherry juice until it reaches a desired consistency. Fold in the chopped cherries.
- Frost the cooled brownies. Chill for 30 minutes and then cut into squares.
- Melt the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips and stir in the oil. Drizzle over the frosted cut brownies.
Read NextValentine's Day Heart Sugar Cookies