Turkey Shepherd’s Pie with Sweet Potato Topping
What's better than a hot, hearty plate of shepherd's pie? It's a classic for a reason--both filling and budget-friendly, shepherd's pie is one of the best quick dinners there is. This classy twist on a nostalgic recipe features lean ground turkey and cream of chicken soup for an extra-smooth texture. This savory turkey casserole is packed with protein and topped with a savory mashed sweet potato topping. This simple, easy shepherd's pie recipe feeds four people with only around a half an hour of work. You'll fall in love with this wonderful Turkey Shepherd’s Pie with Sweet Potato Topping.
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time25 min
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon margarine spread with zero grams trans fat, melted
- 1 pound 99% fat free ground turkey breast
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed dried sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (carrots, green beans, corn, peas), thawed and drained
- 1 can Campbell's® Healthy Request® Condensed Healthy Request® Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1/2 cup low fat (1%) milk
If you want more classic savory pies, try these 11 Shepherd's Pie Recipes to Keep You Warm
Set the oven to 400˚F. Stir the sweet potatoes, brown sugar and margarine in a medium bowl.
Cook the turkey, onion, garlic, sage and thyme in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until the turkey is cooked through. Stir in the mixed vegetables, soup and milk. Spoon the turkey mixture into a 2-quart baking dish. Spread the sweet potato mixture over the turkey mixture.
Bake for 15 minutes or until hot.
Read NextEasy Roasted Turkey Thighs