These turkey meatloaf cupcakes are fun for the whole family.
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Meatloaf cupcakes might sound like a crazy idea, but we're here to tell you that it's a crazy idea you'll want to try! This recipe is super fun for kids and adults alike. Kids will love the silly idea of dinner that looks like dessert, and adults will love how easy it is to cook this light meatloaf recipe. Of course, everyone will love how good the meal tastes!
If you can't tell by looking at the photos, the base of the "cupcake" is made of moist, flavorful turkey meatloaf. The frosting is simply your favorite mashed potatoes. Pipe them on top in your favorite design, and serve!
Preparation Time30 min
Cooking Time30 min
- 4 slices bacon, chopped (reserve bacon drippings)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 eggs
- For the Mashed Potato Frosting
- mashed potatoes
Meatloaf Cupcakes Recipe
Our editors were a little unsure about the look of this recipe, but one bite was enough to win everyone over. It's hard to argue with a meatloaf recipe that includes Cheddar cheese, barbecue sauce, and bacon! This recipe is a fun change of pace for weeknight meals, and it's fun enough to bring even picky eaters to the table.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook bacon pieces until crisp. Remove from pan and place on a paper towel. Allow to cool.
Add chopped onion to the reserved bacon drippings and sauté 3-4 minutes. Cool.
Add turkey, breadcrumbs, cheddar cheese, BBQ sauce, eggs, sautéed onions & crumbled bacon to a bowl and mix until combined.
Spoon the meat mixture into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through. Let stand for 5 minutes before removing.
Put the potatoes into a pastry bag with a wide star tip and pipe the mashed potatoes on top of the meatloaf.
In the mood for more creative recipes? Try these tasty pancake tacos for breakfast! Pancake Tacos
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Cookie Crusted Cheesecake Bars are quite possibly the easiest and most delicious morsels you'll ever make! If you love cheesecake and… Continue reading: "Cookie Crusted Cheesecake Barsvideocam"
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Chicken And Sausage Gumbo
- Chicken Mappas
- Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
- Easy Veg Pulao
- Baked Vidalia Onions
- Copycat Kozy Shack Rice Pudding
- Sauteed Red Cabbage
- Pennsylvania Shoo Fly Cake
- Deep Fried Calamari Recipe
- Easy Soy Sauce Ginger & Garlic Chicken
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes