Turkey Cutlets Francaise
Turkey Cutlets Francaise is an elegant, but easy to prepare dish, thatâ€™s sure to please your guests or family. It combines seasoned turkey cutlets with a rich rosemary flavored gravy. Served over rice, this is one of the best turkey recipes.
Preparation Time20 min
Cooking Time30 min
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 lemon, ends removed, diced with peel
- 3/4 cup green onions, diced
- 3 tablespoons capers, optional
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 12 ounces Heinz homestyle turkey gravy
- 1 pound Butterball fresh all natural turkey cutlets
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups cooked basmati rice
- Melt butter in a 1-quart saucepan on medium-high heat. Add lemon. Cook 3 to 4 minutes until lemon just starts to brown, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in green onions, capers, garlic and rosemary. Cook 1 minute. Stir in gravy. Bring to boiling; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cut each cutlet horizontally in half. Place cutlets in large self-sealing plastic bag. Flatten to 1/8-inch thickness using a meat mallet.
- Dredge cutlets in combined flour, salt and pepper. Dip each into eggs.
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray. Heat on medium heat. Add half of the coated cutlets. Cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side until coating is golden brown. Remove from skillet. Repeat with remaining cutlets.
- Place rice on serving platter. Top with cutlets. Spoon gravy over all.
Read NextTraeger Smoked Turkey