Turkey Burgers with Creole Gravy
This simple turkey burger recipe is served on slices of French bread with a spicy vegetable gravy that will leave you wanting more. Your family will love Turkey Burgers with Creole Gravy. Make it for dinner tonight.
Preparation Time15 min
Cooking Time20 min
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup green peppers, minced
- 1/2 cup onions, diced
- 1 can (14.5 - ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 12 ounces Heinz homestyle turkey gravy
- 3 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 16 ounces Butterball fresh all natural turkey burger patties
- 4 slices diagonally sliced French bread
- For the Creole Gravy, melt butter in a 2-quart saucepan on medium-high heat. Add garlic. Cook 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Stir in peppers, onions and celery. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tomatoes, gravy, Cajun seasoning and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spray medium skillet with cooking spray. Heat on medium heat. Add turkey burgers. Cook 8 to 10 minutes, turning half way through cooking time until burgers reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- For each serving, place 1 slice of bread on a plate. Top with cooked burger and some of the Creole Gravy.
Read NextLeftover Turkey Pot Pie