Cornbread Stuffing with Chorizo and Chiles
This cornbread stuffing recipe is sure to be a hit at your Thanksgiving table. Try Cornbread Stuffing with Chorizo and Chiles - it will spice up a boring, traditional meal.
Cooking Time1 hr
- 3/4 pound Chorizo sausage
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal (stoneground preferably)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups canned cream-style corn
- 2 cups pepperjack cheese, grated
- 8 green chiles, diced
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook chorizo thouroughly.
- Cut to 1/4 inch slices.
- Mix cornmeal, salt, baking powder and baking soda in medium bowl.
- Combine chorizo and remaining ingredients.
- Add cornmeal mix and completely blend.
- Divide between two oiled baking pans.
- Bake approximately 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool completely then crumble for dressing.
Read NextLeftover Mashed Potato Cakes
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.