Weeknight Italian Wedding Soup
Keep warm and cozy with your great soup recipes. Try Weeknight Italian Wedding Soup for a wonderful quick and easy dinner that will warm the mind, body and soul. Soups always hit the spot.
You can find out more about the author of this recipe at www.bevcooks.com.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 12 ounces Al Fresco tomato and basil chicken meatballs
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 carrots, thinly sliced
- 3 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 pinch crushed red or green pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup orzo
- 10 ounces baby spinach
- coarse sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a small skillet and brown the chicken meatballs on all sides, until heated through, 5 minutes total. Remove from heat.
- In a deep pot, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high. Add the onions, garlic, carrots and celery. Add the crushed pepper along with a pinch of salt and pepper. Saute until the veggies start to soften, 6 minutes.
- Add the wine and stock. Bring to a light boil.
- Add the pasta and cook until al dente, 6 minutes.
- Add the chicken meatballs and spinach. Simmer for about 5 more minutes. Taste and season with more salt and pepper if needed.
- Ladle into bowls and serve with crusty bread. I dumped a lot of freshly grated parmesan cheese on mine and it turned my life upside down.