Black Eyed Pea Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"This recipe is unique and delicious! For starters, the vinaigrette features sorghum syrup. Sorghum syrup – often called sorghum molasses – is very common in the Southern US. This thick, golden syrup is used to sweeten recipes. It’s similar to molasses and honey, but with more depth of flavor. I recommend trying it if you’ve never had the chance! In addition to the sorghum, the vinaigrette also features a bit of grated Vidalia onion. Oh, and then there’s bourbon, too! All of these ingredients combine to create a rather tasty (and easy to make) vinaigrette. We enjoyed the vinaigrette over this Black Eyed Pea Salad, but we also used the leftovers on a leafy green salad. It was a fun way to mix things up a bit, and I suspect we’ll be making this vinaigrette regularly now. (It’s great for when you’re entertaining and want to serve something slightly different and unique!)"
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
These Choco Peanut Butter 'Naner Bites are seriously one of the easiest dessert recipes you'll ever make. Plus, they're absolutely… Continue reading: "Choco Peanut Butter 'Naner Bitesvideocam"
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes