Cranberry Orange Scones
Make up these Cranberry-Orange Scones for one of the yummiest breakfast recipes out there. This melt in your mouth treat will brighten up anyone's morning.
Cooking Time12 min
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sifted cake flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons chilled margarine cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup frozen cranberries, thawed and halved
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 3/4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a bowl; cut in margarine with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add cranberries and orange rind; toss well. Add yogurt, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened (dough will be sticky).
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and with floured hands, knead 4 or 5 times.
- Pat dough into an 8-inch circle on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Cut dough into 12 wedges (do not separate the wedges).
- Sprinkle 2 teaspoons sugar over the dough. Bake at 450 degrees F for 12 minutes or until golden.
Read NextEnglish Toffee Scones