Sloppy Joe Grilled Cheese
Get ready to be amazed by this sloppy Joe grilled cheese recipe.
We love it when we find two delicious foods that are even better together.
Sloppy Joes and grilled cheese sandwiches are two of those delicious foods. We're just sorry that we didn't think of this sooner!
This delicious sloppy Joe grilled cheese recipe is the perfect indulgent dinner to make on any busy weeknight. You'll love it because it's quick and easy to make, and your family will love it because it tastes delicious. And who doesn't love a food fusion recipe as fun as this one?
We love the flavor of the slightly spicy sloppy Joe mixture and the gooey Cheddar cheese. Each bite sort of feels like you're getting away with something. We can't recommend this recipe enough, and we hope you'll try it soon!
Time-Saving Tips for Busy Weeknights
This recipe is a great solution for evenings when you don't have a lot of time to cook. But there are a few shortcuts that can make it even easier.
- Try making your sloppy Joe mixture in the slow cooker. When you come home to cook dinner, all you'll need to do is heat up the skillet and start cooking. Try this slow cooker sloppy Joe recipe here for an idea of how to make your filling.
- Make your sloppy Joe grilled cheese on a sheet pan. That way you can make up to 6 sandwiches at once, which is perfect for families or parties. Try this simple method and just add your sloppy Joe mixture and favorite cheese!
Sloppy Joe Grilled Cheese Recipe
Preparation Time25 min
Cooking Time30 min
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 slices sourdough bread
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 slices Cheddar cheese
Add the ground beef and garlic powder large skillet and brown over medium heat.
In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, water, vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and salt. Stir until smooth and pour over the beef mixture. Stir to combine.
Reduce heat to low and cook for 5 minutes.
To make the sandwiches, heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat and butter one side of each slice of bread.
Place two slices of bread, butter-side down, in the skillet and top each slice with a slice of cheese. Spoon the sloppy joe mixture onto one piece of bread and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the bread is toasted and the cheese has melted.
Place the bread with the melted cheese over the piece of bread with the sloppy joe mixture to form a sandwich and cook for 1 minute more.
Repeat with remaining sandwiches.
Try another of our favorite ways to eat sloppy Joes!Tater Tot Sloppy Joe Casserole
Read NextMake Ahead Ham and Cheese Sliders