Italian Chicken Sausage and White Bean Sandwiches
This Italian Chicken Sausage and White Bean Sandwich has all the flavors you'd expect from a night out at a fancy Italian restaurant. At the same time, though, it's really quite simple. Sure, it's more complicated to make than a quick bratwurst from the freezer sections, but these sandwiches are still ready in only about half an hour and are based on only a few core ingredients. Surprisingly easy and shockingly delicious, this sandwich is perfect for absolutely any occasion and any time of the year.
Preparation Time15 min
Total Timeunder 1 hour
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 Medium Vidalia onion or other sweet onion, cut in half and sliced (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1 (6-ounce) Package baby spinach (about 4 cups packed)
- 2 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon Crushed red pepper
- 1 cup Prego® Farmers' Market Classic Marinara Sauce
- 1/2 cup Rinsed drained canned white cannellini beans
- 2 Links Italian-style chicken sausage, cooked
- 2 Long hard roll split and toasted
Heat the oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes or until tender-crisp, stirring occasionally. Add the spinach, garlic and crushed red pepper and cook for 3 minutes or until the spinach is wilted, stirring occasionally.
Stir in the sauce and beans and cook until the mixture is hot, stirring occasionally. Season to taste. Place the sausage on the rolls. Top with the spinach mixture.
This homemade crusty bread recipe from Platter Talk is a quick and easy rustic Italian style of bread that anyone can make. Other than water, this homemade bread recipe uses just three ingredients and can be made in a regular loaf pan or a skillet or Dutch oven. Have plenty of soft, creamy butter on hand and your favorite glass of red wine!Crusty Bread Recipe