11 Copycat Recipes for Baking Ingredients: Recipes for Homemade Bisquick & More
Summer Vegetable Farro Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"I love the summer for all the fresh produce we enjoy out of it. When I serve this dish, the farro always becomes a topic of conversation because it is certainly unique. I love its al dente bite when cooked correctly, and it is a great co-star to the mix of vegetables tossed inside. Again, this salad offers the opportunity to mix and match how the home cook likes, and this one in particular is my favorite combination. The dice is kept the same for all the vegetables, so every bite is harmonious. The dressing and the shaved parmesan dress this salad up so beautifully and sharply. It's gorgeous as much as it is delicious, and that is the best way to enjoy food. It's always a hit."
PLUS: This recipe is a finalist in our 2017 Summer Potluck Challenge!
Check out the other recipes here and cast your vote for your favorite summer potluck recipe today. Voting ends 7/31/17.
Preparation Time20 min
Cooking Time30 min
Type of DishSalad
- 3 cups Farro
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 3 cups Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Zucchinis
- 2 (14-ounce) Cans of Quartered artichokes, drained and rinsed
- 1 6.7 Ounce jar whole sun dried tomatoes
- 3 cups Dijon mustard
- 1 cup Shaved parmesan
- 1 cup Fresh parsley, minced
Cook the farro according to package directions with 1/2 tsp. salt added to the cooking liquid. Meanwhile, dice the zucchini, artichokes, and sundried tomatoes.
Saute the zucchini in 3 tbsp. olive oil for 2-4 minutes. Add in the artichokes and sun dried tomatoes. Saut for 2 more minutes. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Set aside on a plate.
Whisk together the Dijon mustard and remaining olive oil.
Fluff the farro with a fork. Drain any excess liquid. Stir in half the vegetables and half the parsley.
Drizzle the salad with the mustard dressing. Top with parmesan, the remaining vegetables, and parsley.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
This German Chocolate Lover's Frozen Pie is one of the easiest desserts you'll make this summer. Who can pass up an ice cold and… Continue reading: "German Chocolate Lover's Frozen Pievideocam"
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Homemade Breakfast Hot Pockets
- Chicken And Potato Bake
- Tomato Soup
- Zucchini Tomato Pasta
- Lemon Cream Cheese Pudding Dessert
- Biscuits And Sausage Gravy
- Almond Apricot Energy Balls
- Salsa Fresca
- Easy Italian Ricotta Cake
- Vegetarian Baked Beans
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes