Layered Tex-Mex Salad
The Layered Tex-Mex Salad has lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, avocado and olives tossed in a creamy dressing with the flavor boost of Pace Picante Sauce. This classic 7 layer salad is great for parties and taco salad lovers. Try this with your favorite vegetarians at home.
For more recipes like this one, please see our entire Campbell's Kitchen recipe collection.
Preparation Time20 min
- 1/2 cup Pace Picante Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 3 cups coarsely shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 small cucumber, cut in half lengthwise and sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 large avocado, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup sliced pitted ripe olives
Stir the picante sauce, mayonnaise and sour cream in a small bowl.
Layer the lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, onion and avocado in a large clear glass bowl.
Spoon the picante sauce mixture over the top. Sprinkle with the olives. Serve immediately.