German Cucumber Salad
Cucumbers are light and crunchy vegetables, and make for a perfect lunch on a hot summer's day. This German Cucumber Salad is a perfect way to prepare this deliciously crisp veggie. Made with sour cream, this salad is a creamy treat that you can eat on its own or as a side for a barbeque dinner. Green onions infuse the dish with a great bite while vinegar adds a pleasantly sour taste. Your friends and family will definitely come back for more helpings of this easy cucumber salad.
Chilling Time3 hr
- 2 English cucumbers
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 4 teaspoons vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 green onions
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- Peel and slice cucumber paper thin. Put in bowl and mix in salt.
- Let stand 1 hour.
- Squeeze excess water from cucumbers with your hands and place squeezed cucumber in a clean bowl.
- Chop green onions and add to cucumbers.
- Mix sour cream, oil, vinegar, pepper and dill together. Mix in with cucumbers. Chill for 2 hours.
Read NextPerfect Potluck Cucumber Salad