Taco Bell Meat Seasoning
If you love Taco Bell (and let's face it - who doesn't?), you'll be so excited to make this copycat recipe for their meat seasoning. There's something special about the flavor of a Taco Bell taco, and now you can replicate it at home. Woo hoo!
Cooking Time30 min
- 1 1/3 pound lean finely ground chuck
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Mesa Corn Flour
- 4 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry minced onions
- 1/2 teaspoon beef bouillon
- Mix together all ingredient except the meat. Stir the spice mixture well making sure that all spices have been blended well.
- Crumble ground beef and brown stirring well.
- Remove from heat, rinse with hot water and drain water and grease from beef.
- Return ground chuck to the pan and add taco seasoning.
- Add 3/4 - 1 cup water to ground beef and taco seasoning and simmer on medium low temperature for 20 minutes.
- Simmer until most of moisture has cooked away.
- Remove from heat when moisture in meat as dissipated but meat is not dry.
Read NextRed Beans & Rice (popeyes Style)
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Apr 01, 2014
Who would want to duplicate the dreadful meat used now in Taco Bell? I went there all the time until they doctored the meat. It's awful.
Sep 23, 2018
The went back to the original meat seasoning. I stopped eating tacos when it had for years the 'gravy' type meat. Now, I can't get enough of it.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use