Banana Bread Pudding
For those who like very moist banana bread, we present...Banana Bread Pudding! This is a decadent dessert that's sure to have them talking!
Cooking Time50 min
- 6 slices whole wheat bread, torn into big cubes
- 3 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 can (14-ounce) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup flaked or shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup cream
- 6 tablespoons rum
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place bread cubes in a greased 9-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, banana and cinnamon.
- Add water, condensed milk, coconut, the 2 tablespoons of butter, the vanilla, and salt.
- Pour mixture evenly over bread, moistening completely.
- Sprinkle pecans on top.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
- Cool. Serve warm with Rum Sauce (recipe below).
- In a saucepan, melt the 1/4 cup of butter.
- Add brown sugar and cream. Boil rapidly 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add rum. Serve warm. Makes about 1 cup.