Pork in Milk
Give this unusual flavor combination a try if you're in need of a quality simple pork chop recipe. This is one of the easy pork chop recipes that will completely change your mind on the culinary possibilities of pork.
- 4 Pork chops on the bone, about 1
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 pint milk
- 3 fresh sage leaves, chopped (or 1/4 teaspoon dried)
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 12 whole juniper berries
- vegetable oil
1. In a large, heavy pan, saute the pork chops in the oil until they take on a little color, then remove them and saute the onions.
2. Put the meat back in the pan and add the milk, enough to cover the chops. Stir to scrape off any crusty bits from the pan.
3. Add the sage, seasoning and juniper berries, and simmer for at least 2 hours - this part can also be done in a lidded casserole in the oven at a medium temperature.
4. Take out the juniper berries before you serve it! I like this dish with green beans.