Pork Estofado (Stewed Pork)
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"Try this Pork Estofado, another classic Filipino dish of soy-vinegar stew with distinctive flavors from fried plantains, banana blossoms, and caramelized sugar. Estofado or ‘Estufado’ is a Filipino dish of stewed pork cooked in vinegar and soy sauce with fried plantains that gives out a burst of flavor. It is also slightly sweet from added sugar. The word Estofado came from the Spanish word “estofar,” which translates to “stewed,” or simply to braise in a covered pan—which is how this dish is cooked. But the Filipino Estofado is 100% local. "
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Pigs In Blankets In The Air Fryer
- Easy White Bean Chicken Chili
- Easy Chicken Florentine Casserole Kids Can Make
- Instant Amla Pickle Recipe | Indian Gooseberry Pickle
- Easy Instant Pot Chicken Tikka Masala
- Cranberry And Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Rolo Pretzel Turtles
- Cornflake Marshmallow Wreaths
- One Pan Braised Chicken Thighs In Apple Juice
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes