Pork Estofado (Stewed Pork)
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"Try this Pork Estofado, another classic Filipino dish of soy-vinegar stew with distinctive flavors from fried plantains, banana blossoms, and caramelized sugar. Estofado or ‘Estufado’ is a Filipino dish of stewed pork cooked in vinegar and soy sauce with fried plantains that gives out a burst of flavor. It is also slightly sweet from added sugar. The word Estofado came from the Spanish word “estofar,” which translates to “stewed,” or simply to braise in a covered pan—which is how this dish is cooked. But the Filipino Estofado is 100% local. "
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Creamy Mushroom Carbonara
- Thomas Keller’s Slow Cooker Cassoulet
- Alabama Style BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Devil’s Food Cake
- Wild Mushroom Soup
- Ultimate Baileys Chocolate Cream Pie
- Harvest Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars
- Chocolate Pecan Pie Brownies
- Bolognese Gnocchi Bake
- Pumpkin Spice Layer Cake
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes