Chops with Braised Cabbage and Apples
Amongst easy pork chop recipes, this recipe is sublime. Let the best pork chop recipe show you how to make tender pork chops.
- 4 bacon strips, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 pounds cabbage, shredded
- 2 apples, peeled, sliced
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 pork loin chops
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Put bacon in skillet and fry.
2. Add sugar, and stir for 2 minutes. Add onion, then cook for another 2 minutes. Stir in cabbage, apples, vinegar, and wine. Cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
3. Add water, and cook uncovered for 30 to 40 minutes. Lightly coat pork chops with mustard. Salt and pepper the pork chops to taste.
4. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Holding sideways, cook pork chops fat-side down until fat is browned.
5. Lay chops flat, cover skillet and cook for 5 to 6 minutes. Flip chops over, replace cover and cook for another 10 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
Note: This dish can be served hot or cold.
Read NextKansas City Pulled Pork Sliders