Shoo Fly Pie
There isn't anything more classic than Shoo Fly Pie recipe. You'll adore this recipe and be sure to add it to your collection of easy pie recipes.
Did you enjoy this recipe? It was featured in a collection of more great Amish recipes. Check out, How To Make Amish Friendship Bread: Plus 10 Other Easy Amish Recipes!
Plus don't miss our free, printable collection of 26 Classic, Old-Fashioned Recipes. Get your free copy today!
Cooking Time50 min
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup dark molasses
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell in a well-greased pie plate
- Thoroughly combine boiling water, molasses, corn syrup, egg and baking soda. Let stand about 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine next 6 ingredients and stir with fork until crumbly.
- Stir half the crumbs into molasses mixture. Spoon into pie shell. Cover with remaining crumbs.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Serve warm or let cool to room temperature.