Maple Cream Pie
With Maple Sugar season nearing, this is a favorite of mine. Not only is it super easy, youâ€™ll wow your guests with this pie recipe because it looks so pretty! Sweet custardy filling inside a butter crust goes perfect with the brown sugar meringue! Enjoy this Maple Cream Pie by Carrie from Bakeaholic Mama.
- 1 uncooked single pie shell (I make my own butter crust... you can buy store bought if you'd like)
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons browned butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- For Brown Sugar Meringue Topping:
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
For the Pie:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Whisk together your sugar maple, and butter. Beat in eggs. Mix in nutmeg and vanilla.
- Pour into uncooked pie crust.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until center of the pie is set. If it starts to crack you are over baking it.
For the Brown Sugar Meringue Topping:
- In your electric mixer beat eggs on high speed until foamy/frothy looking.
- Reduce speed to med/low slowly add in brown sugar. Turn speed back up to high and beat until stiff peaks are formed.
- Top the pie with the meringue and bake for an additional 10-20 minutes at 350 degrees F. When tips of the meringue start to brown it is done!
Read NextEasy No-bake Banana Cream Pie
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
chaselawrence 3254 735
Jul 27, 2012
Excellent thankyou for this recipe.Only thing you don't need is the nutmeg.I love the maplesugar pi But taste much better with whipped crean for topping
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use