Maple Cream Pie
With Maple Sugar season nearing, this is a favorite of mine. Not only is it super easy, youâ€™ll wow your guests with this pie recipe because it looks so pretty! Sweet custardy filling inside a butter crust goes perfect with the brown sugar meringue! Enjoy this Maple Cream Pie by Carrie from Bakeaholic Mama.
- 1 uncooked single pie shell (I make my own butter crust... you can buy store bought if you'd like)
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons browned butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- For Brown Sugar Meringue Topping:
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
For the Pie:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Whisk together your sugar maple, and butter. Beat in eggs. Mix in nutmeg and vanilla.
- Pour into uncooked pie crust.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until center of the pie is set. If it starts to crack you are over baking it.
For the Brown Sugar Meringue Topping:
- In your electric mixer beat eggs on high speed until foamy/frothy looking.
- Reduce speed to med/low slowly add in brown sugar. Turn speed back up to high and beat until stiff peaks are formed.
- Top the pie with the meringue and bake for an additional 10-20 minutes at 350 degrees F. When tips of the meringue start to brown it is done!
Read NextEasy Key Lime Pie