Five Layer Pecan Pie
For the ultimate Thanksgiving indulgence, dive into a slice of this incredibly delicious Five Layer Pecan Pie. With luscious layers that include pecans, chocolate, caramel, and a sweet cream cheese mixture, there's no denying this is one of the best Thanksgiving dessert recipes ever. Impress your guests with a unique take on the traditional pecan pie. This layered confection is sure to "Wow" even those who love the classic version. You could even make both versions and have everyone compare the two!
Create the perfect Thanksgiving meal with our free eCookbook, 22 Easy Thanksgiving Recipes: A Traditional Thanksgiving Menu From RecipeLion.
Cooking Time45 min
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- 1 cup pecan halves, plus more for topping
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- unsweetened cocoa powder, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sprinkle pecans evenly in unbaked pastry shell.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of pecan layer.
- Drizzle caramel topping on top of chocolate chips. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Add eggs, beating on low speed just until combined. Pour over caramel topping in crust.
- Bake about 45 minutes or until center appears set.
- Cool on a wire rack. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving. Sift cocoa powder and extra pecans over pie, if desired.