County Fair Funnel Cakes
When the county fair comes around every summer, I go just for the funnel cake. This wonderful cake recipe is just like the kind you get at the fair. Topped with powdered sugar and fried to perfection, it melts in your mouth.
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 3 2/3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Beat eggs and sugar together and then add the milk slowly--beat.
- Add the dry ingredients and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Pour batter into a funnel and at the same time, use your finger to plug the hole.
- In a large cast iron pot, add 2 inches of oil from the bottom. When the oil becomes hot, move your hand over the pot and slowly release you finger so the batter can start cooking.
- Move the funnel around to make designs. Brown on both sides--then immediately remove and drain extremely well.
- Top with brown sugar, or honey, or cinnamon sugar, or powdered sugar as a topping.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.