"This is a twist on a recipe from Better Homes and Garden's cook book. I enjoy the black olives, shrimp and the extra tomato sauce in this recipe. The original recipe had ground chicken, which is good, but I like the shrimp."
Preparation Time15 min
Cooking Time25 min
Type of DishPasta
- 1 pound Shrimp, 91-100 count, shelled, deveined, raw and thawed
- 1 pound Spaghetti, broken
- 1 24 Ounce jar salsa, mild and chunky
- 1 15 ounce can Tomato sauce
- 1 15 ounce can Corn, drained
- 1 3.8 ounce can Black olives, sliced and drained
- 1 .85 ounce package Chicken taco seasoning
- 1 cup Gruyere cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 6 cups Water
In a stockpot, add the water. Bring to a boil. Then turn down heat to medium-low and add the spaghetti. Cook according to manufacturers instructions. When done, drain and set aside.
In a saute pan, add 2 tablespoons of the oil and heat over medium heat. When hot, add the shrimp and saute until just translucent. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
In the stockpot, add the salsa, corn, tomato sauce and olives and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer for 5 minutes. When done, add the spaghetti and seasonings,stir, and simmer for about 5 minutes and warm through. The last 2-3 minutes stir in the shrimp and warm the shrimp.
Serve on a plate or in bowls and garnish with the cheese.
Read NextStuffed Shells