Asiago Chicken Sausage Lasagna
This image courtesy of alfrescoallnatural.com
Made with fresh spinach, red bell peppers and squash, Asiago Chicken Sausage Lasagna is a savory dish that will surely satisfy. This may be the best lasagna recipe that will have you coming back bite after bite. Enjoy!
Preparation Time1 hr 30 min
- 12 ounces Al Fresco roasted pepper & asiago chicken sausage, sliced on a diagonal 1/4 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olve oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup fresh white onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup red merlot wine
- 1 cup low sodium tomato basil pasta sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 fresh zucchini squash, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces part skim Ricotta cheese
- 1/4 egg substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 ounces low sodium Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 6 ounces fresh baby spinach, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup low sodium Parmesan cheese, grated
- Sauté the garlic, onion, red pepper with olive oil for 2 - 3 minutes, add the sliced chicken sausage and brown for 3 - 4 minutes.
- Add the red wine, reduce over high heat, then add the tomato sauce, basil and oregano and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven broiler to high.
- Meanwhile prepare a baking sheet with the cooking spray, place the squash slices on the sheet pan, and coat with the cooking spray. Broil on high for 4 - 5 minutes until lightly browned. Watch carefully so that the pieces don't burn.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a small mixing bowl, mix the ricotta, egg substitute and black pepper.
- Cover lasagna pan with a thin coat of sauce. Layer squash, then ricotta/egg mix, spinach, mozzarella then rest of sauce, squash, ricotta and top with the parmesan cheese.
- Bake, foil covered 45 minutes with a layer of shredded parmesan cheese on top. Remove foil for another 15 min. Can cool and freeze.
Read NextEasy Skillet Baked Ziti
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.