Amish Corncake Pancakes
These Amish corncake pancakes taste like you're back in the old country eating a hearty breakfast before you do your chores. The Amish sure know what they're doing!
Did you enjoy this recipe? It was featured in a collection of more great Amish recipes. Check out, How To Make Amish Friendship Bread: Plus 10 Other Easy Amish Recipes!
- 1 1/3 cup buttermilk at room temp.
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon corn oil
- Whisk together buttermilk and baking powder and let sit for 5 mins.
- Beat egg slightly, stir in oil, add dry ingrdients.
- Add buttermilk mixture. The batter will be very thin.
- On hot skillet drop heaping tablespoon of batter. 1 1/2 mins. on first side and 1 min. on bottom.
- Serve hot with syrup. They don't need any butter. Makes 32 small.
Read NextNorth Carolina's Own Peach Jacks
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.