Give your morning omelet a bit of flair by including zucchini. An unsung vegetable, zucchini not only is a good source of Vitamins A and C and folate, it tastes great and is quite versatile.
This dish is particularly tasty served with fresh flat bread.
- 800 grams zucchini
- 125 milliliters sunflower or corn oil
- 6 eggs
- salt, to taste
- dried oregano, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cut away the stems of the zucchini and the area around them.
- Wash and split them lengthwise, then cut them in slices.
- Heat oil in a pot and saute the vegetables until gold-yellow while turning them several times.
- In a bowl, stir eggs thoroughly, season them with salt, oregano and pepper.
- Put a bit of the oil in which you had steamed the vegetables in a large pan and pour in the egg mass.
- Spread the drained zucchini pieces over the egg mass and stir them in a bit.
- Let the omlette curdle slowly, then serve immediately.
Read NextPico de Gallo Frittata