Market Day Farm Fresh Frittata
Easy and so good tasting, this frittata recipe is perfect for a Mother's Day or Easter brunch, for a lazy Sunday at home, or even a delicious dinner. With minimal prep time and only 20 minutes to cook, you'll have a meal on the table lickety split!
Get other wonderful recipes for Mother's Day in our free, downloadable eCookbook, Celebrate Mom: 26 Terrific Mother's Day Recipes.
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time20 min
- 3 ounces asparagus spears
- 12 Market Day Fully Cooked Bacon Slices #4068
- 1 Market Day Deluxe Ham Steak #1537
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and diced
- sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup potatoes, diced into 1/4-inch cubes
- In 10-inch skillet heat oil over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add onion and potatoes; stir and cook about 5 minutes.
- Cut asparagus spears into thirds. Add asparagus and ham to skillet.
- Meanwhile, in a medium sized bowl beat eggs and pepper; stir in Parmesan and cheddar cheeses.
- Reduce skillet heat to medium-low; pour eggs over potato mixture.
- Cover; cook 14-16 minutes or until egg mixture is set in center. Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle diced tomato over frittata.
- Cut into wedges and serve with Fully Cooked Bacon Slices, which have been heated according to package directions. Sprinkle bacon with sesame seeds if desired.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Jan 03, 2018
Yum! What a health (ish) breakfast!
Jun 28, 2017
So good! Firttata is one of those wonderfully versatile dishes that one can put virtually anything into. Besides whatever vegetables I happen to have available I often add some crumbled feta cheese too which adds a lovely flavor. A little chopped chili also bring some bite to the overall flavor. Do be a little adventurous, frittata is very forgiving.
May 31, 2017
This sounds like a great and tasty frittata that would be perfect for a morning when we're feeling extra hungry. I'd probably add a bit of sausage to the mix as well. As was pointed out below, cheddar is mentioned in the instructions, but not in the list of ingredients. How much is recommended? Same as the Parmesan? Left to my own devices, I'd probably add a bit more than necessary just because I love cheddar.
Jan 26, 2017
This recipe looks so yummy. I love frittatas as they go very far. I am definitely going to make this. I'm not so sure about adding the asparagus as that is not my favorite thing to eat but perhaps I shouldn't be fussy as it healthy. What would be a good alternative to add instead?
Jul 04, 2013
YOU MENTION ADDING CHEDDAR CHEESE IN THE DIRECTIONS BUT DON'T LIST IT IN THE INGREDIENTS.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use