Persian Rhubarb Stew
Ethnic foods can be so exciting to eat, especially Persian. If you love different spices then you'll love this recipe for stew. This stew recipe allows you to add any meat of your choice.
- Serve over hot rice.
- The same recipe can be made with celery.
- Cooking times are approximate.
- Meat should be almost falling apart.
- There should be about 1 to 1-1/2 cups liquid in stew at end of cooking time.
Want to know more about how to prepare rhubarb? Check out our collection of 14 phenomenal rhubarb recipes.
Cooking Time2 hr
- 1 1/2 pound stew meat
- 1 pound rhubarb, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons dried mint
- 1 to 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 chopped onion
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- pinch saffron dissolved in hot water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Brown meat and onions.
- Add 2-3 cups water and tomato paste, turmeric, salt, and pepper. Cook one hour.
- Saute parsley and mint. Add to stew with saffron. Cook another hour.
- Add lemon juice and rhubarb. Cook until rhubarb is tender but not falling apart.