Broccoli Stuffed Chicken Breast
This broccoli-stuffed chicken breast is packed with diverse flavors from ham, Monterey Jack cheese, green onions and of course, broccoli! It's a high-protein stuffed chicken breasts recipe that is sure to please your family at the dinner table.
This recipe makes 6 main-dish servings and each serving is worth about 300 calories. This dish is good served with boiled and buttered new potatoes or rice.
- 1 10-oz package frozen chopped broccoli, cooked (or use equivalent fresh)
- 2 green onions, minced
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 whole large chicken breasts, boned, halved, skinned
- 3 1-oz. slices cooked ham, cut into halves
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- Drain broccoli well; combine with green onions and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Pound each chicken breast half to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Top each with a piece of ham and 1/6 of broccoli mixture.
- Fold chicken in half over filling; tuck ends under.
- Mix bread crumbs, parsley, and paprika.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter on high 45 seconds; brush over chicken, coat with crumbs.
- In 13 x 9-inch dish, cook chicken, covered with waxed paper, on high 10 to 12 minutes, rotating once.
- Let stand, covered, while preparing sauce.
- In 1-quart bowl, melt 2 tablespoons butter on high 45 seconds; stir in flour, salt, and pepper.
- Add milk; cook on high 3-1/2 minutes just until boiling, stirring twice.
- Whisk in remaining cheese; serve with chicken.
For more stuffed chicken breast recipes, check out 10 Easy Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipes And Cooking Tips Part 1 and 10 Easy Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipes And Cooking Tips Part 2.
Read NextOne-Minute Apple Crisp for One