Slow Cooked Shredded Beef Tacos
The best thing about slow cooker recipes is their simplicity. Put in the ingredients and wait as a wonderfully seasoned dish cooks. Tender and juicy, put on your favorite toppings and enjoy these Slow Cooked Shredded Beef Tacos.
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 1 1/2 pound beef chuck roast
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1 (1.25-ounces) package of Ortega taco seasoning mix - regular
- 16 ounces Ortega thick & smooth taco sauce - medium
- 1 can (7-ounces) Ortega diced green chilies
- 1 package of Ortega taco shells, (12 count)
- Shredded lettuce, to taste
- tomatoes, chopped to taste
- mild Cheddar cheese, shredded to taste
- sour cream, to taste
- Place beef and onion in slow cooker. Combine water and seasoning mix in small bowl. Pour over beef and onion. Cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or until tender.
- Remove meat to cutting board; shred beef with two forks. Place beef in large bowl. Stir in taco sauce and chiles.
- Fill warmed taco shells with beef mixture. Top with lettuce, tomato, cheese and sour cream.
Read NextChi Chi's Chicken Chimis