Ceviche (marinated Raw Fish) Mexico
- 1 pound fresh or frozen haddock fillets or other fish fillets
- 1 cup fresh lime or lemon juice
- 1 small onion
- 2-3 pickled serrano peppers, rinsed, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 Scotch Bonnet pepper, most of the seeds removed and cut into strips
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes
Thaw frozen fish. Cut fish fillets into 1/2 inch cubes. In nonmetal bowl cover cubed fish with lime or lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight or till fish is opaque, turning occasionally. Thinly slice the onion, separate into rings. Add to fish with pickled peppers, olive oil or cooking oil, salt, oregano and pepper. Toss gently to combine well. chill. Peel, seed and chop tomatoes, toss with chilled fish mixture. Sprinkle with snipped cilantro.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.