Italian Style Meatless Meatballs
Want a healthier version of a popular Italian dish? Try this recipe for Italian meatballs that won't make you feel guilty after eating it. Vegetable protein crumbles replace meat in this simple meatball recipe that is sure to delight the veggie lover in your family.
If you enjoyed this recipe, check out this collection of 16 super simple meatball recipes!
Cooking Time10 min
- 1 (12-ounce) package frozen, prebrowned vegetable protein crumbles, thawed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup Italian-style dry breadcrumbs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, fat-free
- 2 teaspoons Italian herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- Combine all ingredients, mashing protein crumbles lightly with fork.
- Form mixture into 24 balls.
- Bake in baking pan at 350 degrees F until firm, about 10 minutes.