Homemade Holiday Eggnog Recipe
With this Homemade Holiday Eggnog Recipe you won't have to wait for the holidays to come around to enjoy this festive drink. This recipe is great for using in baking as well, if you're looking to add a unique flavor to a cake, pie or other confection. This thick, creamy, cinnamon drink traditionally include bourbon, however, if you're making this for your kids, you can exclude the alcohol. This is a great drink to make in large batches for holiday parties, but no matter the occasion, it's always nice to be able to make things at home that you'd normally have to buy at the store.
Featured In: 13 Cheap Christmas Dinner Ideas from CheapThriftyLiving
This recipe includes uncooked eggs, which are not recommended for people with compromised immune systems. Or use pasteurized eggs only.
For another eggnog recipe you can make for breakfast, try this Glazed Eggnog Overnight French Toast.
Serves12 ; Makes 6 cups
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1/3 cup sugar + 1 tablespoon
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 ounces bourbon
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
Be sure to enter to win a Zoku Fun Frozen Treat Making Set to use while making this recipe! Leave a comment on this page and you will receive a bonus entry. Don't miss the grand prize giveaway including one of each prize featured in the 12 Days of Christmas!
Place egg whites into a mixer bowl and whip on high until they form soft peaks, adding one tablespoon sugar until they are stiff peaks. Set aside.
Place egg yolks into a mixer bowl and mix on medium high speed until they are thick and creamy. With the machine running, gradually add the remaining sugar and beat until it is dissolved, about 1 minute.
Add the milk, cream and optional bourbon, stirring until combined. Stir in the nutmeg.
Fold the two mixtures together and chill well before serving or using.
- There is a maximum of one extra entry per person. The extra entry will be based upon a comment left on this post. Duplicate comments are not tallied.
- The winner will be selected at random from the comments on this page and the entries on the contest page.
- The winner will be contacted on the morning of December 24th, 2018.
- Email Address provided in their account (please do NOT leave your email address in the comments--you already provided it when you created your account)
- You have until December 23rd, 2018 at 11:59pm EST to leave your comment on this post. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada. Excludes Quebec and Puerto Rico.
What is your favorite holiday drink?
Answer below in the comments to receive a bonus entry to the contest!