Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies in a Jar
Homemade gifts in a jar are as fun to make as they are to give. These Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies in a Jar is a no-fail recipe that anyone can make. Baking gifts in a jar like this are great additions to food baskets or baking themed gifts.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Mix the flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Pour into the jar.
- Layer the brown sugar, granulated sugar, and chocolate chips into the jar. Seal to close.
Attach to Jar:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Sift dry ingredients through a colander to separate the chocolate chips from other ingredients. Set chocolate chips aside.
- Beat 1 cup of butter or margarine in a medium bowl. Beat sifted ingredients into butter until blended.
- In a small bowl, beat 1 egg with 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Mix beaten egg mixture into butter mixture until blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of batter, spaced well apart, onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Makes 4 dozen cookies.
Read NextSticky Toffee Pudding
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.