Best-Ever Rum Balls
"Rum balls are perfect for the holiday season. Heck, they are perfect all times of the year. These Best-Ever Rum Balls are my version of the sweet, classic dessert that will leave you having one after the other."
This easy dessert recipe is a sweet treat that everyone will love! The rum balls are made with a decadent combination of chocolate, vanilla, and dark rum. They're the perfect bite-sized food for a holiday party or for any occasion throughout the year. Make these for your next get-together and watch how fast they disappear from the plate!
Makes36 rum balls
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 3 cups vanilla wafers, crushed into crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- powdered sugar, for coating
- rice flour, for coating
- cocoa, for coating
- In a heavy pot, melt the chocolate on low heat. Remove from the heat and stir in the icing sugar and corn syrup.
- Beat in the vanilla wafers (and nuts if you are using them).
- Next stir in the salt, vanilla, and rum until well combined. Refrigerate the mixture until firm.
- Roll the mixture into small 1-inch balls. Roll in the coatings of your choice. I like cocoa and rice flour.
Read Next4th Of July Cherry Bomb Cupcakes