Artichoke Potato Salad with Lemon Dressing
This delicious spin on a classic potato salad is packed with flavor. Don't let the long ingredient list intimidate you; this salad still has all your favorites like Hellmann's Light Mayo, celery and onion.
- 1 tablespoon salt, plus
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 small red boiling potatoes
- 13 3/4 canned water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 cup frozen petite green peas
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup Hellmann's Light Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon minced tarragon, plus
- tarragon sprigs, for garnish
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 nonfat milk, optional (2 to 3)
- Romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Bring large pot of water to boil and stir in 1 tablespoon salt.
- Add potatoes and return to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are fork tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Drain and let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Peel potatoes and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Gently toss together potatoes, artichokes, peas, celery, onion and parsley in mixing bowl.
- Set aside.
- Mix mayonnaise, yogurt, minced tarragon, garlic, lemon juice, mustard, pepper and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt in separate bowl.
- Pour dressing over potatoes and toss to coat evenly.
- Cover and chill several hours or overnight to let flavors blend.
- Before serving, add 2 to 3 tablespoons nonfat milk if needed to moisten salad.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Line serving platter with romaine leaves.
- Spoon potato salad on romaine and garnish with tomato slices and tarragon sprigs.
- Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper.