Basic Mayo Potato Salad
Dill, Mayo and eggs make this a great potato salad. It's just the refreshing taste you've been looking for. This recipe is a great summer recipe because it's a cool one that doesn't even require the oven.
- Yukon gold are yellowish colored waxy potatoes ideal for salad.
- For the non calorie/fat minded: I like to make a dressing from ratio of 1/2 mayonnaise and 1/2 sour cream, dill, sugar, dijon mustard for potato salads. And of course use the entire hard boiled egg!
- For another 12 palate-pleasing potato salad recipes, be sure to check out our collection.
- 3 Yukon gold or yellow potatoes: cook, peeled, sliced or cubed for salad
- 3 tablespoons minced red onion
- Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise, to bind
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed or
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill or to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 hard boiled eggs, whites only, coarse chopped
- Combine potatoes, onion, and blend in enough mayonnaise to make creamy and bind (1 cup or more).
- Add sugar, vinegar, dill, salt and pepper and blend well.
- Stir in chopped egg whites.
- Chill well.
- This is a simple recipe, looks great and tastes great.
Note: Yukon gold are yellowish colored waxy potatoes ideal for salad For the non calorie/fat minded: I like to make a dressing from ratio: 1/2 mayonnaise and 1/2 sour cream, dill, sugar, dijon mustard for potato salads. And of course use the entire hard boiled egg!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
More from "Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise Recipes"
Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise Recipes
Quick and easy recipes with Hellman's Real Mayonnaise and Hellman's Light Mayo like Hellman's deviled eggs, Hellman's egg salad and many more.