Roasted Squash & Apple Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"Soup. It is the ultimate in comfort food when the weather turns crisp. The desire to dig into a steaming hot bowl of big flavors is undeniable. When seasonal favorites are included in each and every bite, the payoff is even tastier! Butternut squash, Granny Smith Apples, White Potatoes, and a garnish of Balsamic Fig Puree make this soup really special. This Roasted Squash & Apple Soup is just the ticket to quench your soup cravings this Fall."
NotesWhoa. I know this sounds like a lot of steps. But as you're going through the different parts, remember that you're also multi-tasking. As the primary vegetables roast, you can start on the base for the soup. When the roasted veggies come out of the oven, the figs can go right in at the same temperature. As the figs roast, you can puree the soup.
I promise that each step will make you salivate as your kitchen fills with the hearty flavors of Fall. You'll be ready to dive into this Roasted Squash & Apple Soup the minute the blender stops.
Preparation Time30 min
Cooking Time2 min
- 1 Medium Butternut Squash
- 1 Large Granny Smith Apple
- 4 Medium Yellow Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Grapeseed Oil
- 1 Large Carrot
- 1 Stalk of Celery
- 1 medium Yellow Onion
Peel & dice the squash, apple & potatoes into equal sized chunks. This will allow for even roasting.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place chopped vegetables on a foil-lined baking sheet. Toss with olive oil, salt & pepper.
Place pan in oven and roast vegetables for 45 minutes, or until they are easily pierced with a fork.
While the vegetables roast, heat the grapeseed oil over medium heat in a large dutch oven. Saute the carrots, onion & celery until softened and the onions are translucent, about 15 minutes.
Add the broth to the sauteed vegetable mixture. When the roasted vegetables come out of the oven, place those vegetables into the dutch oven with the broth. Cook over low heat for 20 minutes, covered.
As the soup cooks, preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place figs, tops and bottoms sliced off, into a cooking-spray lined baking dish.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
A soup recipe that contains bacon, ham, potatoes and 2 types of cheese, is one I'll be dreaming about. Say hello to the Ultimate… Continue reading: "Ultimate Comfort Potato Soupvideocam"
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Smoked Gouda Mashed Potatoes
- Dragon Roll
- Healthy Shamrock Gummies
- Homemade Baileys Irish Cream
- Asparagus And Potato Frittata
- Natural Mint Shamrock Shake
- Homemade Coleslaw
- Cheesy Chicken And Broccoli Casserole With Rice
- Air Fryer Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes