Grilled Garlic Bread
Grilled Garlic Bread is a perfect summer treat with a light dinner. You will love the garlic, tomato and basil topping on this bread, and you can even make extra toppings to grill this into the perfect lunch-time open-faced sandwich or panini.
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time10 min
- Toast the bread on a grill (this is the most authentic way) or in
- 1 thick slice Italian or French bread
- 1/2 garlic clove
- 1/2 small tomato
- good-quality extra virgin olive oil
- 2 roma tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 1/2 large cloves of garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Toast the bread on a grill (this is the most authentic way) or in a broiler. Rub the surface of the bread thoroughly with the garlic clove.
- Take the tomato and rub the open side into the bread. Finally drizzle a little (or a lot, if you want) olive oil on the, by this time, gooey slice of bread.
- For topping, combine the tomatoes, garlic and basil in a non-reactive bowl.
- Add enough olive oil to coat everything, about 2 tablespoons. (you have to use your own judgement here).
- Add the pepper and salt to taste. Leave sit for an hour to develop the flavors.
- Toast slices of bread over low coals. Spoon some of the topping on each slice and enjoy. Should make about 6 slices, depending on how much topping you put on each slice.
Read NextSmoked Beef Short Ribs
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.