Grilled Corn Salad
This is a fantastic summer salad recipe. Quick and easy, it is great to have with your other summer dishes. Best of all, this can be made well ahead of time so you won't miss out on summer fun!
- 4 ears fresh corn on the cob, husks removed
- 1/4 cup Crisco vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 small red pepper, finely chopped (about 1/3 cups)
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves or parsley
Rub the corn with 2 tablespoons oil. Beat the remaining oil, lime juice, maple syrup and black pepper in a small bowl with a fork or whisk.
Lightly oil the grill rack and heat the grill to medium. Grill the corn for 5 minutes or until lightly browned on all sides. Remove the corn from the grill. Cut the corn kernels from the cob with a sharp knife.
Stir the corn, red pepper, green onions and cilantro in a medium bowl. Add the dressing and toss to coat.
Read NextTin Foil Hobo Dinners