This is a great cubed steak recipe. It's perfect for grilling outdoors or even camping. Once you get this recipe down, you can use the same for venison cubes.
- 6 cubed steaks
- salt and pepper
- 1 lemon
- 6 anchovies
- 6 capers
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- Pat the cubed steaks dry, then dredge them in flour lightly seasoned with salt a nd pepper.
- Cut 6 thin slices of lemon, remove the rind.
- Roll each anchovy around a caper (you can buy these already rolled).
- Heat butter and oil over medium heat.
- When the butter/oil is hot, saute the steaks, browning on each side around three minutes per side.
- Do not croud them in a pan, use two pans if necessary.
- Remove to a hot platter, top with lemon slice then anchovy-wrapped caper.
- Serve immediately.
- The object of the lemon/anchovy/ caper topping is to mash it into the cubed steak before eating it.
- This is also an excellent way to prepare venison cubed steaks.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.