Chocolate Overload Ice Cream Pie
This quick and easy no-bake pie is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. After all, who doesn't love chocolate? This no-fail recipe can be thrown together in minutes and can refrigerated overnight to be ready for a party or potluck the next day.
- 1 Premade Oreo pie crust
- 1 pound mint-chocolate chips
- 1/2 gallon chocolate-marshmallow ice cream
- 8 ounces Chocolate Cool Whip
1. Allow the ice cream and Cool Whip to soften to the point that they are spreadable. When they have reached this point, cover the bottom of the pie shell (crust) with up to 3/4 of the mint-chocolate chips.
2. Stir the remaining chips into the ice cream. Spread the mixture into the pie shell, adding ice cream until you've filled to the top edge.
3. Liberally slather the Chocolate Cool Whip over the top, until the ice cream is completely covered.
4. If you didn't use up all of the chips, sprinkle some of them over the top as decoration. Freeze the pie until solid (generally a good idea to allow at least 12 hours between preparation and serving). If frozen hard, it will cut more easily with a heated knife.
Read NextVintage Baked Alaska