The Heart-Smart Diabetes Kitchen Cookbook Review
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"This cookbook will absolutely amaze you. The amount and variety of recipes in The Heart-Smart Diabetes Kitchen from CanolaInfo and the American Diabetes Association will blow you away. So many of us need to watch what we eat to stay healthy, and this cookbook makes that task easy.
There is no variety or type of recipe not covered within this text. My favorite part about this cookbook is that the focus is clearly on the recipes, as there is little filler between the pages. If you are now to the worlds of either Diabetes-friendly cooking or heart healthy cooking, then this cookbook was made for you."
"The Heart-Smart Diabetes Kitchen is a wonderful collection of recipes that is perfect for the health conscious. Fantastically divided and categorized, this book goes the distance with recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The book shows that you can still enjoy your favorite comfort foods without worrying about the calories or the fat. And it tastes just as good!
The recipes are so simple, only containing three to four steps and can be made any day of the week. There is nothing more exciting than making an easy, delightful meal in less than thirty minutes. Some days that's all a person can ask for.
What's also great about the book is that it shows that you don't just have to eat salads or vegetables to be healthy. I personally enjoy feeling good about what I am eating while I am eating it. This books allows me to enjoy hash browns with my eggs in the morning or a slice of pie for dessert.
There is a wide variety of great healthy recipes that will keep your menu lively. I also enjoyed the layout of every page. The saying is that a picture says a thousand words and that's especially true with this cookbook. The pictures are incredible, wonderfully displaying the splendor of every dish. This will be a great addition to your cookbook collection."
"As someone with a husband and father who suffer from Diabetes; this new cookbook The Heart-Smart Diabetes Kitchen cookbook from Canola Oil and the American Diabetes Association is a heaven sent. I’ve always known there are easy ways to cook great food that’s healthy and tastes great, and now this cookbook just proves it once again!
There are so many fantastic ideas; I simply fell in love with so many of these recipes, like the Creamy Black Bean Stack Dip (pg. 73), eat with some whole grain chips and you have a healthier snack! Then there’s the Basil Foccacia Wedges (pg. 79), you don’t even have to call them wedges, just tell your family its pizza, they’ll love it! Plus there’s even indulgent desserts (without all the guilt), like the Rich, Warm Brownie Wedges (pg. 212), totally low sugar! Overall I’m so happy to have this cookbook as part of my collection.
If anyone’s struggling with Diabetes, knows someone or just plain wants to cook and eat healthier, this cookbook will be your heaven sent too."
"When the new year hits, like a lot of people, I become more conscious of what I eat. Out with the fatty, high-calorie comfort food and in with light homemade meals. I was excited to see all the healthy recipes in The Heart-Smart Diabetes Kitchen that are good for you but also full of flavor. With tempting recipes like Corn and Skillet-Roasted Poblano Soup, Fish Tacos with Avocado Salsa, Curried Sweet Potato and Peanut Stew and Blueberry-Lemon Country Cobbler, this cookbook is full of healthy recipes that won't taste like you're "eating lighter."
They're made with canola oil, so you know they're low in saturated fat and cholesterol - ideal for anyone on a heart-smart diet. Also included are the top ten rules for healthy living, fat facts, plus tips for making fresh, fast and flavorful choices. If you're trying to eat healthier, The Heart-Smart Diabetes Kitchen will be a staple in your kitchen!"
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
You can never go wrong with an old-fashioned recipe from Grandma's recipe box. Bisquick Zucchini Casserole is a recipe for quiche-like… Continue reading: "Bisquick Zucchini Casserolevideocam"
- RecipeLion's 103 Cookbooks
- Retro Recipes from the ‘50s and ‘60s: 103 Vintage Appetizers, Dinners, and Drinks Everyone Will Love
- RecipeLion's Dinner and Cookie Cookbooks
- Homemade Soup Recipes: 103 Easy Recipes for Soups, Stews, Chilis, and Chowders Everyone Will Love
- Everyday Dinner Ideas: 103 Easy Recipes for Chicken, Pasta, and Other Dishes Everyone Will Love RecipeLion Cookbook
- Essential Slow Cooker Recipes: 103 Fuss-Free Slow Cooker Meals Everyone Will Love
- Easy Chicken Recipes: 103 Inventive Soups, Salads, Casseroles, and Dinners Everyone Will Love
- Family Favorite Casserole Recipes: 103 Comforting Breakfast Casseroles, Dinner Ideas, and Desserts Everyone Will Love RecipeLion Cookbook
- The Homestyle Amish Kitchen Cookbook Review
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Easy Red Lentil Dhal Curry
- The Easiest Chocolate Brownies
- Dijon Mustard Vinaigrette
- Homemade Creole Seasoning
- Appalam Kootu Recipe
- Irish Stew
- Thai Chili Flakes
- Easy Marinara Sauce Recipe
- Air Fryer Samosas
- Herb-crusted Pork Tenderloin With Creamy Polenta & Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes