I Love Trader Joe's Cookbook Review
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"As a student, The I Love Trader Joe's College Cookbook: 150 Cheap-and-Easy Gourmet Recipes by Andrea Lynn is a dream come true! I spend so much time and money in Trader Joe's, I pretty much pay rent. The book is ideal for college students because it not only showcases the array of affordable and delicious ingredients I buy at Trader Joe's, but also includes microwaveable recipes, meals to eat on-the-go, and a great selection of vegan and five-minute dishes. The full-color photos show mouthwatering depictions of these incredibly easy meals. Even if you don't love near Trader Joe's, the book recommends generic items you can buy at any grocery store to replace the Trader Joe's brand ingredients.
I was particularly impressed by the type of recipes featured in the cookbook. I had expected 150 variations on the same Ramen noodle dish, or the occasional boxed brownie recipe, so I was completely taken aback when I discovered a recipe for Lobster Sauce with Langoustine, and another for Brie and Butternut Squash Quesadillas. Who knew I could afford to make a gourmet meal like those, and both in fifteen minutes or less? From study snacks to Friday night post-party meals, I can't wait to get started on these great recipes!"
"In the words of today's youth, this cookbook is off the hook! I really wish I had a resource like this when I was in college, as this cookbook is chock full of so many great recipe ideas. Even if you're not a college student, you will still appreciate all the super simple low budget food ideas in this cookbook. With sections on vegetarian fare and microwave meals, this cookbook does aim straight for the stomach of quad dwellers.
I think this book would be an ideal gift for a new college student. Make sure you are close to a Trader Joe's before opening this book though, as perusing these recipes will make you want to make them as soon as possible."
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Take that box of lemon cake mix to the next level with this Easy Lemon Pudding Cake! It's a delicious and simple cake recipe that uses… Continue reading: "Easy Lemon Pudding Cakevideocam"
- RecipeLion's 103 Cookbooks
- Retro Recipes from the ‘50s and ‘60s: 103 Vintage Appetizers, Dinners, and Drinks Everyone Will Love
- No-Bake Desserts: 103 Easy Recipes for No-Bake Cookies, Bars, and Treats RecipeLion Cookbook
- Family Favorite Casserole Recipes: 103 Comforting Breakfast Casseroles, Dinner Ideas, and Desserts Everyone Will Love RecipeLion Cookbook
- The Cleaner Plate Club Cookbook Review
- The Heart-Smart Diabetes Kitchen Cookbook Review
- The Southern Slow Cooker Bible Review
- RecipeLion's Dinner and Cookie Cookbooks
- The Encyclopedia of Sandwiches Cookbook Review
- Taste of Home Annual Recipes Cookbook 2014 Review
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Soft & Chewy Chocolate Flapjacks
- Italian Meatballs In Tomato Sauce
- Chocolate Chess Pie
- Air Fryer Box Cake
- Apple Dump Cake
- Peanut Butter And Nutella Celery Reindeer Snacks
- Restaurant-style Hash Brown Casserole
- Overnight Cherry Baked French Toast Casserole
- Irresistible Spiced Grilled Chicken
- Delicious Roasted Eggplant With Couscous
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes