Bakeless Sweets Review
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Provided by Abram's Books
Reviewed by Jordan Sward
Especially in this heat wave, the last thing you want to do is turn on the oven for hours and go through the hassle of mixing, baking, and cooling just to make dessert. Bakeless Sweets provides the perfect solution! It's a dessert cookbook chock full of delicious no bake dessert recipes, so you won't have to turn on your oven. The minute I started flipping through this book, I just knew these would become my new favorite go-to summer dessert recipes. From a variety of homemade puddings, to cool icebox cakes and pies, to whipped cream desserts, these bakeless recipes are easy to follow and great to share with friends.
The photos in this book are enough to make me want to eat the pages. Although cool, creamy desserts are my favorite during summer, I can see myself making these bakeless sweets all year round. For one, most of them are so pretty, they'd look great on a holiday table or served at a birthday party. Secondly, not having to fuss with the oven is a perk I'd want to take advantage of no matter what time of year!
Faith Durand, executive editor of The Kitchn, wrote this book to show readers how easy it is to make silky panna cotta, jello using fruit juice, and puddings from scratch at home. The book doesn't use any instant pudding or Jell-O, yet the recipes are super simple. One of my all-time favorite desserts is banana pudding, and the recipe for The Ultimate Banana Pudding Parfait in the book might be one of the best. It uses homemade banana and vanilla pudding! I never knew making this recipe without any boxed ingredients could be so easy, and it makes it so much more delicious! I absolutely love the freshness of flavors and how impressive it is to say that I made it completely from scratch. What's even better, many of the pudding desserts can be made ahead of time since they keep so well in the refrigerator. Some of them hold up for several days, which is convenient if you're taking them to a party.
One of my favorite sections of the book is the icebox cake section. Three words: Oreo. Icebox. Pie. And that's just the beginning. What better way to cool off in the summer than with a cold, refreshing icebox cake or pie? Whether you're a fan of fruit desserts or chocolate ones, the variety is enough to satisfy any sweet tooth. As for the other sections, there are a number of sweets from around the world that go beyond the traditional Western cookies and cakes.
Most of the recipes in Bakeless Sweets are naturally gluten-free and low sugar. There are 125 recipes to choose from, including Rich Chocolate Custard, Double Cream Coconut Pudding, Peach and Buttermilk Panna Cotta, Triple Chocolate Cream Icebox Cake, and more. After having my eyes opened to all these bakeless possibilities, I may never turn on my oven for dessert again!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Our Famous Ambrosia Salad Recipe is one for the ages. This old-fashioned dessert salad recipe is creamy, delicious and something… Continue reading: "Our Famous Ambrosia Salad Recipevideocam"
- RecipeLion's 103 Cookbooks
- RecipeLion's Dinner and Cookie Cookbooks
- Retro Recipes from the ‘50s and ‘60s: 103 Vintage Appetizers, Dinners, and Drinks Everyone Will Love
- Bakeless Sweets Review
- Easy Cookie Recipes: 103 Best Recipes for Chocolate Chip Cookies, Cake-Mix Creations, Bars, and Holiday Treats Everyone Will Love RecipeLion Cookbook
- Easy Chicken Recipes: 103 Inventive Soups, Salads, Casseroles, and Dinners Everyone Will Love
- Taste of Home Annual Recipes Cookbook 2014 Review
- The Cleaner Plate Club Cookbook Review
- The Homestyle Amish Kitchen Cookbook Review
- The Old Farmer's Almanac Garden-Fresh Cookbook Review
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Muddy Buddies
- Butter Cookies
- Chocolate Chip M&m Cookies
- 15 Minute Chicken Burrito Recipe
- 15 Minute Creamy Mushroom Gnocchi
- 15 Minute Shrimp Tacos
- Lemon Cranberry Scones
- Lemon Cranberry Scones
- Breakfast Casserole Recipe With Sweet Potatoes And Beef
- Green Beans And Mushrooms
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes