Lemon Garlic Cucumber Noodles with Shrimp
The next time you're craving something spicy, make this easy one-bowl recipe for lunch or dinner!
The next time you're craving a filling noodle meal, don't order delivery. Instead, you can make this recipe for Lemon Garlic Cucumber Noodles with Shrimp right in your own kitchen! The quick and easy recipe is full of flavor and won't take long for you to make, either. Using cucumber noodles and plenty of shrimp, this single-serving recipe is perfect for a quick lunch or dinner and is served hot. The one-pot meal is hearty and filling, too, and is a delicious alternative to the usual fare of sandwiches and soups. As it takes fewer than about 15 minutes to prepare, this easy recipe is one you'll want to keep up your sleeve for a quick meal option!
Total TimeUnder 15 minutes
One Pot MealYes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces shrimp, with veins removed and peeled
- 2 medium cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large cucumber, spiralized into 2 mm or 3mm-wide noodles
- 1/4 fresh lemon
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh red chili (optional)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, roughly chopped (optional)
Be sure to ENTER TO WIN a Brieftons 5-Blade Spiralizer to use while making this recipe! Leave a comment on this page and you will receive a bonus entry. Don't miss the grand prize giveaway including one of each prize featured in the 12 Days of Christmas!
Place a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Pour 1 teaspoon of the olive oil into the pan. Place the shrimp in the pan and add a pinch of salt and pepper.
Stir for 3 minutes, add the garlic, and stir for a further 1 minute. The shrimp should no longer be transparent. Place onto greaseproof paper.
Pour the rest of the oil into the pan, as well as the garlic. Stir quickly for 30 seconds, place the cucumber noodles in the pan, and cook a little further.
As an option, add the roughly chopped tomatoes and fresh chili to the pan. Add back the cooked shrimp. Squeeze a dash of lemon juice over the noodles and serve hot.
Are you looking for the perfect single-serving dessert, too? We have you covered with this easy recipe for Moist Vanilla Mug Cake
- There is a maximum of one extra entry per person. The extra entry will be based upon a comment left on this post. Duplicate comments are not tallied.
- The winner will be selected at random from the comments on this page and the entries on the contest page.
- The winner will be contacted on the morning of December 26th, 2017.
- Email Address provided in their account (please do NOT leave your email address in the comments--you already provided it when you created your account)
- You have until December 24th, 2017 at 11:59pm EST to leave your comment on this post. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada. Excludes Quebec and Puerto Rico.
What is your favorite healthier recipe to enjoy during the holdays?
Answer below for your chance to win!